

Last Sunday, I went to the International Book Fair alone. It was soooo huge!!! I was a bit overwhelmed. Unfortunately, 80% of the stuff was Japanese with a tiny corner for English bargain books!
I didn't want to waste my time in the English sections because it was a mess (technically, the books are just placed in bins). So I went around the Japanese / Foreign sections. I got a lot oh good stuff! My two favorite things from the book fair is this postcard from a Belgian (I think) company whose main character is a Rat! The other book is a Japanese book on Toast! hehe!



The third picture is from the Kerokero Gunso booth which offered all of its items for 30% off! I coldn't resist but get the inflatable toy! Will probably send it to Ditch for Seth (if it is safe for him) since it is too late to send it to Toad! :( I also bought this Point-and-Speak book for Russia. It is a book by a Japanese publishing company which has pictures and the words in Japanese and Russian for travellers who plan to go to Russia. All one needs to do is find the appropriate picture and then point to it and show it to a Russian. They even have one for Filipino! haha! Natsuka-san is going to Russia for a school trip, so I thought this might be helpful!After the tiring book fair, I treated myself to Curry Ramen! Tastes like curry (a bit watered down), but I still great! For Monday, Natsuka-san gave me another local specialty. It is supposed to look like a local flower! Inside is an egg custard which is richer than the usually custards here in Japan (which is usually veeery light) . Reminded me of yema! haha!
Anyway, this weekend is a long weekend for me! I plan to go to the Tokyo Toy Show (hehehe). Then, hopefully we can finally push through with Kamakura!



1 comment:
Must've been a great experience. =) And well, buying English books in Japan is sorta ironic/anticlimactic? :P
The postcard is cute, and so is the toast book & the frog head. ^_^
It was thoughtful of you to buy Natsuka-san the Russian book.
I remember you eating curry ramen at the japanese resto in FBR?
And the delicacy of the week looks yummy, as usual. ^_^
Post a Comment